Sunday, March 11, 2012

Israeli Boys

I love to tell you about what a party animal I am right?
Well, today I got woken up at 6:30am and made to run to the bomb shelter after the siren went off (turned out to be the neighbouring town if you find that consoling- I dont.) Then, I attempted to nap off the adrenalin rush for an hour, before heading off to work. I was in the office from 10am untill 8pm. I trained 3 new receptionists, 1 new interviewer, and oriented one new full time volunteer. I made one tutor appointment for a client, gave another interview, and did none of the work I was supposed to be doing- you remember, sending emails...
And then I missed my bus and waited and got home at 9.30.
Thats right. I'm a party-in-a-box.

But lets be honest, you're reading this because I'm going to talk about Israeli Boys. Half the people I know (ok, without exageration, I know at least 6 people, mostly volunteers) who are in Israel with their Israeli boyfriends. They are all from civil Western Countries, generally with a degree or two behind them, yet they've halted their lives for a while to come stay with their Israeli Boys. Israeli boys are all the same. They're good looking, with that fantastic accent and husky voice, and mainly- the self confidence of three years with a rifle and a tank behind them. Charmers and they know it. And they are so ready to shamelessly throw themselves at you. I spoke to three of them today, ages 17, 24, and 26, and they were all the same in their hitting-on manerisms. Scary stuff.
However, I'm much more intimidated by Israeli girls, so please, if you thought this blog was going to ever display any action, you've got another think comming.

No comments:

Post a Comment