Saturday, February 4, 2012

To be Young and Free

Day Two of the whole ordeal and I already feel like I've been here for a month. My cousins came for shabbat dinner last night and it was incredibly to watch the house that had previously contained a middleaged couple and my own awkwardly quiet self into a zoo of excited children. They're all super cute, and I learned more hebrew from them than from the Grow-Nups. But it was really nice, but also weird to meet all my fanjamily. They're quite close relations yet i struggled to work out who was who. But anyways, hopefully I'll grow the relationship and go visit them and such.
Late friday night was finally SLEEPYTIME! who was amped? me. thats right. Tossed and turned and froze my butt of till the hearty cries of a child awaked me at 8am this morning. Since then I played with the toddler a little, washed dishes, ate Israeli yoghurt, went for a drive around my area to try to understand it, printed 5million maps, bus routes, train schedules and other tourist equipment, sat reconnecting with an Israeli friend in a park for 2 hours, before making out in the front seat of the car for a few minutes, got home in time to be whipped off immidiatly to a delicious lebanese dinner, where we talked about the education system, and now off to bed.
I dont use puntuation after the Shabbas.
Tomorrw the real stuff starts. Work begins at noon, and we're leaving the house round half 9 to try to learn the routes, find the place, organise bus tickets. Stuff i wouldnt have taken into consideration if my dad's cousin hadn't instructed me to do so, and kindly assisted along the way. This was NOT how I imagined being young and free would be, but we shall see where it goes I spose.

No comments:

Post a Comment